1. The Eternal Female groan'd! it was heard over all the Earth:
2. Albions coast is sick silent; the American meadows faint!
3. Shadows of Prophecy shiver along by the lakes and the rivers and mutter across the ocean. France rend down thy dungeon;
4. Golden Spain burst the barriers of old Rome;
5. Cast thy keys O Rome into the deep down falling, even to eternity down falling,
6. And weep.
7. In her trembling hands she took the new born terror howling;
8. On those infinite mountains of light, now barr'd out by the atlantic sea, the new born fire stood before the starry king!
9. Flag'd with grey brow'd snows and thunderous visages the jealous wings wav'd over the deep.
10. The speary hand burned aloft, unbuckled was the shield, forth went the hand of jealousy among the flaming hair, and hurl'd the new born wonder thro' the starry night.
11. The fire, the fire, is falling!
12. Look up! look up! O citizen of London, enlarge thy countenance; O Jew, leave counting gold! return to thy oil and wine; O African! black African! (go, winged thought, widen his forehead.)
13. The fiery limbs, the flaming hair, shot like the sinking sun into the western sea.
14 Wak'd from his eternal sleep, the hoary element roaring fled away;
15. Down rush'd beating his wings in vain the jealous king; his grey brow'd councellors, thunderous warriors, curl'd veterans, among helms, and shields, and chariots, horses, elephants: banners, castles, slings, and rocks,
16. Falling, rushing, ruining! buried in the ruins, on Urthona's dens;
17. All night beneath the ruins, then their sullen flames faded emerge round the gloomy King.
18. With thunder and fire: leading his starry hosts thro' the waste wilderness, he promulgates his ten commands, glancing: his beamy eyelids over the deep in dark dismay,
19. Where the son of fire in his eastern cloud, while the morning plumes her Golden breast,
20. Spurning the clouds written with curses, stamps the stony law to dust, loosing: the eternal horses from the dens of night, crying,
Empire is no more! and now the lion & wolf shall cease
Let the Priests of the Raven of dawn, no longer in deadly black, with hoarse note curse the sons of joy. Nor his accepted brethren, whom tyrant, he calls free: lay the bound or build the roof. Nor pale religious letchery call that virginity, that wishes but acts not!
For every thing that lives is Holy.
|1||The Argument, Plate 2|
|3||Plate 3, Following|
|4||The Voice Of The Devil, Plate 4|
|6||A Memorable Fancy, Plates 6-7|
|7||Proverbs Of Hell, Plates 7-10|
|10||A Memorable Fancy, Plates 12-13|
|12||A Memorable Fancy, Plate 15|
|14||A Memorable Fancy , Plates 17-20|
|16||A Memorable Fancy, Plates 22-24|
|17||A Song Of Liberty, Plates 25-27|
Get the embed code
Preview the embedded widget
|Ulver - Themes From William Blake's The Marriage Of Heaven And Hell Album Lyrics|
|1.||The Argument, Plate 2|
|3.||Plate 3, Following|
|4.||The Voice Of The Devil, Plate 4|
|6.||A Memorable Fancy, Plates 6-7|
|7.||Proverbs Of Hell, Plates 7-10|
|10.||A Memorable Fancy, Plates 12-13|
|12.||A Memorable Fancy, Plate 15|
|14.||A Memorable Fancy , Plates 17-20|
|16.||A Memorable Fancy, Plates 22-24|
|17.||A Song Of Liberty, Plates 25-27|
|3||Let There Be Light|
|4||Mother of mercy|
|5||Noche oscura del alma|
|6||Glamour box (ostinati)|
|1||Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros|
Cannot annotate a non-flat selection. Make sure your selection starts and ends within the same node.
An annotation cannot contain another annotation.